Available from Coates Hire, the ArmorZone™ longitudinal barrier solution has been designed with ease of deployment and removal in mind.
The ArmorZone™ barrier is a high performing plastic water filled barrier
designed to provide work zone barrier protection to temporary construction sites and other miscellaneous roadside activities.
The water-filled nature of the barrier simplifies its deployment and transportation. This also means installation is a safer process as the empty barriers only weigh 50kg and are easily handled by two operators.
The ArmorZone™ barrier has been designed and tested as a longitudinal barrier with an energy absorbing terminal end. Upon vehicle impact, ArmorZone™ safely re-directs at angles up to 25° and speeds up to 70kph (subject to state road authority approval). Safe and predictable trajectories were observed during product tests.
ArmorZone™ deployment involves interlocking the 2m long units with a unique ‘twin pin’ connecting rod and filling each barrier with 520L of water. ArmorZone™ can be deployed straight or with low curvature, on either roadside or median applications. The ArmorZone™ barrier has many advantages in the market place including high durability, high performance, fast (and safe) installation at a very competitive cost.
- Up to 70kph (subject to state road authority approval) work zone barrier protection
- Exceptionally good vehicle control and low deflection
- Connects directly to ArmorZone™ Terminal End
- Water level indicator included with all barriers
- Smooth surfaces and geometry, more forgiving on vulnerable road users
- No external or internal steel structure
- Freight “friendly” dimensions allow for efficient transporting (5 units wide on truck deck)
- Water-Opening-Screen (accessory to prevent rubbish disposal in barriers)
- Stabilised HDPE modules strong enough to absorb nuisance impact without repair
- Environmentally friendly – 100% recyclable
- 120 m/h deployment rate
Contact your nearest Coates Hire branch here
or call 13 15 52
for more information on this or other road safety products.