Two-time Australian Ironwoman champion, Courtney Hancock is the newest member of the Coates Hire Racing family and will compete in Coates Hire colours in the Balmoral Burn fundraiser for the Humpty Dumpty Foundation.
This iconic Sydney event takes place this Sunday at Awaba St, Mosman NSW.
For more information Click Here
Courtney was born in Perth and raised in Sawtell on the North Coast of New South Wales, where her love of the surf began after she joined the “Nippers” at age five.
Her inspiration was professional Ironwoman Karla Gilbert and from a young age Courtney dreamt of competing at the elite Ironwoman level.
Just 25 years old, Courtney has already achieved considerable success, including three Kellogg’s Professional Ironwoman Series wins and two Australian Ironwoman titles.
Courtney has also won multiple titles in the cadet ranks at the Australian Championships, as well as individual World and Australian titles in Open competitions.
These achievements alongside her success in the 2011 Coolangatta Gold, establishes Hancock as one of the Australia’s best female surf athletes.
Coates Hire Racing’s latest ambassador said, “I am delighted to represent Coates Hire, an iconic Australian company that has been a strong supporter of the Kellogg’s series. For many years I have seen the orange Coates Hire signs at all our surf events and it’s now an honour to be a part of the team”.
Coates Hire has been a strong supporter of Surf Life Saving clubs across Australia, (including Northcliffe surf club), as well as Ironman and Ironwoman events for many years.
Courtney’s achievements include:
· Australian U/16 and U/17 Ironwoman Champion
· Australian U/19 Board Rescue Champion
· 2010 World Surf Race Champion
· 2010 and 2011 Queensland Ironwoman Champion
· 2010/11 Telstra Ironwoman Series Champion
· 2010, 2012 and 2014 Australian Surf Race Champion
· 2011 and 2013 Australian Ironwoman champion
· 2011 Coolangatta Gold Champion
· 2012 World Board Rescue Champion
· 2012/13 and 2013/14 Kellogg’s Professional Ironwoman Series Champion
· 2014 Australian Board Rescue Champion