Australia’s leading equipment hire company, Coates Hire, steps onto the global motorsport stage when it hosts the FIA World Rally Championship on 12-15 September 2013.
The Coates Hire Rally Australia, a round of the World Rally Championship, will be contested in the surrounds of the northern New South Wales town of Coffs Harbour.
Competitors will experience the unique roads of the region after tackling, snow, ice, high altitude, tarmac and extreme rough surfaces during the preceding nine rounds of the 2013 series.
Star drivers including Sebastien Ogier (France), Dani Sordo (Spain), Jari-Matti Latvala and Mikko Hirvonen (both Finland), Thierry Neuville (Belgium) are among up to 70 competitors from overseas and around Australia expected to contest the Coates Hire Rally Australia in the WRC and support categories.
Two Australians, Adrian Coppin, from Canberra, and Molly Taylor, a Sydney-sider currently competing in Europe, have announced they will be aiming to test their talents against the world’s best in international-class Ford Fiesta R2 cars.
With the cars based on popular, recognisable showroom models and stages run mostly on closed public roads, the WRC is an attractive battleground for motor manufacturers to showcase their products.
But it’s not just about the stars and their rally cars.
The Coates Hire Rally Australia has something for everyone.
There is an entertainment program that includes daily and nightly activities at the Brelsford Park Rally Hub, close to the centre of Coffs Harbour and includes the ARMOR ALL Super Special Stage course every night.
Other attractions include:
- The Red Bull Stunt Plane – Friday and Saturday over the Rally Hub and Sunday over the Flooded Gum Rally Village spectator point
- The RAAF Roulettes stunt team - Friday and Saturday over the Rally Hub and Sunday over the Flooded Gum Rally Village spectator point
- Freestyle Moto-X, featuring X Games gold medalist and Nitro Circus star Cam Sinclair –
- Samantha Jade – 2012 X Factor, performing at the Rally Hub on Saturday night
- Thunderstruck – AC/DC tribute band, performing at the Rally Hub on Friday night
- Skydivers over the Rally Hub
- Live TV on a giant Screen at the Rally hub
Event Manager, David Catchpole said, “It will be a huge party, combining awesome rally action and musical and extreme-sport entertainment to thrill every spectator. The atmosphere in Coffs Harbour and surrounding areas will be fantastic”. The 2013 Coates Hire Rally Australia is the 22nd edition of this spectacular event and the third since it moved to New South Wales from Western Australia.