TRADIE TRIP PROMOTION CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via: a) Internet; b) premium SMS (short messaging service); or c) using ‘Quick Response’ (“QR”) code and wireless application protocol (“WAP”) and mobile Internet (carrier’s standard data charges apply) enabled mobile phones. Some service providers and call plans may not provide access to QR code, WAP, or mobile Internet. Entrants must check with their service provider if unsure.
- Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older (Entrants). Entrants can only enter in their own name. For the avoidance of doubt, Entrants who make an Eligible Hire as set out in Condition 9(a) on behalf of their employer may only enter themselves personally into the promotion. Employees of customers of the Promoter (and their immediate families) must have obtained the written authorisation of the customer prior to entry to be eligible. The Promoter has the right to request a copy of such written authorisation before awarding any prize. No person can enter the promotion if to do so would breach any internal policy of their employer. The Promoter requires the employee to disclose all details of their intended entry and individual hire schedules to their employer prior to entry. Disclosure is the sole responsibility of the employer and its employee and the Promoter is not responsible in the event of non-disclosure.
- The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion. The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of other hire companies and equipment manufacturers are also ineligible to enter the promotion.
- The promotion starts at 12:01am (AEST) on 28/9/2013 and ends at 11:59pm (AEDT) on 30/11/2013 (Promotional Period).
- During the Promotional Period, this promotion will only be conducted at up to one hundred and ninety seven (197) Coates Hire Branches Australia wide.
- The draw to determine the Major Prize winner will take place at 11:00am (AEDT) on 03/12/2013 (Major Prize Draw).
- The draws to determine the Minor Prize winners will take place at 11:01am (AEDT) on 03/12/2013 (Minor Prize Draw). There will be one Minor Prize Draw conducted in respect of each Branch.
- All draws will take place at Salmat Digital at Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060. Winners will be notified over the phone and in writing within two (2) days of the draws. The Major Prize Draw winner’s name and locality will be published in The Australian newspaper on 10/12/2013. By entering this promotion each Entrant requests that their full address not be published. All reasonable steps to notify winners of the results of the promotion will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter the promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
- hire any equipment from the Promoter under a signed hire schedule (Eligible Hire). Entrants must fully and correctly complete and sign a new hire schedule with the Promoter and act in accordance with the Promoter’s trading terms throughout the Promotional Period. For the avoidance of doubt, the purchase of consumables or sale items or the hire of the Promoter’s equipment by other hire companies or by equipment manufacturers does not constitute an Eligible Hire for the purpose of this promotion. Upon making an Eligible Hire, Entrants will be issued with a hire schedule number located on the top right corner of the first page of the hire schedule. Eligible Hires must be made in one (1) of the following ways:
- In-store: by visiting a participating Coates Hire Branch in Australia during business hours;
- Phone: by calling 13 15 52 anytime and following the prompts in the manner required; and
- complete their entry in one (1) of the following ways:
- Online: by logging onto www.coateshire.com.au (Promotional Website) and following the prompts to fully complete and successfully submit the online entry form in the manner required, including providing the Entrant’s full name, current and valid email address, mobile telephone number, the hire schedule number of the Eligible Hire located on the hire schedule and any additional information requested by the Promoter;
- SMS: by sending an SMS in the required SMS format to 197 77 969 (maximum cost $0.55). The required SMS format is: “Eligible Hire’s full hire schedule number (as found on their hire schedule)”.
Example of correct SMS entry: 3234580.
- QR Code: scan the QR code available at point of sale using a compatible mobile phone in order to access the promotional mobile site www.coateshire.com.au (Mobile Site) via WAP and mobile Internet on the Entrant’s mobile phone. If an Entrant is unable to scan the QR code using their compatible mobile phone, the Entrant may manually enter the URL www.coateshire.com.au into the Internet browser on their mobile phone; and follow the prompts on the Mobile Site in the manner required to fully and correctly complete the entry form, including providing the Entrant’s full name, current and valid email address, mobile telephone number, the hire schedule number of the Eligible Hire located on the hire schedule and any additional information requested by the Promoter.
- Proof of Eligible Hire required: Each Entrant must retain and may be required to present proof of each Eligible Hire in order to claim a prize. An Entrant may be required to provide to the Promoter proof of Eligible Hire for all entries made. If an Entrant is unable to provide proof of Eligible Hire for all entries made within the required timeframes, then all the entries of that Entrant will be ineligible and deemed invalid. Proof of Eligible Hire includes showing the original and providing a photocopy of the hire schedule for each Eligible Hire made during the Promotional Period. Hire schedules must clearly state how the Eligible Hire was made and must indicate that the Eligible Hire was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
- Multiple entries will be accepted however each entry must be based on a separate Eligible Hire, hire schedule number, must be submitted separately and must independently comply with these Conditions of Entry. All entries received during the Promotional Period will be entered into the Major Prize Draw and Minor Prize Draws of the relevant participating Branch in which the Eligible Hire was conducted.
- Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries due to error, omission, tampering, deletion, theft, communications failure or otherwise. Contact details submitted incorrectly by an Entrant will deem an entry invalid.
- The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid. Entrants who enter using multiple email addresses, phone numbers or aliases may be disqualified.
- SMS entries: SMS entries must be sent from a mobile phone handset and be identified by a MSISDN (unique mobile SIM number) for security reasons to be eligible. Some service providers and call plans may not provide access to premium SMS. Entrants must check with their service provider if unsure. SMS is not a guaranteed delivery communication tool. The Promoter and the service provider cannot accept responsibility for any SMS messages not received. Entrants must have the bill payer’s permission to enter the promotion or their entry will be deemed invalid. Maximum SMS cost $0.55 (including GST) per message sent. Standard carriers' SMS costs may apply. Standard carrier SMS costs remain the responsibility of each Entrant and are dependent on the carrier used and an Entrant’s mobile phone plan. Any SMS entries submitted after the Promotional Period has closed will not be included in the promotion and will incur the $0.55 (including GST) charge per message sent. The charges for all SMS entry services will appear on the Entrant’s next mobile phone bill. All general queries relating to mobile bills should be directed to the Entrant’s mobile or telephone carrier. Mobile premium service provided by Salmat Digital Pty Limited. For help using the mobile premium service, call the mobile premium service helpline on 1300 131 276. If an Entrant wants to unsubscribe from the promotion and stop receiving electronic marketing messages they can call the mobile premium service helpline on the number above or send an SMS with the word “STOP” or “N” to 0427 659 902 (this SMS is at no cost to the Entrant).
- A free reply SMS will be sent to an Entrant who successfully submits an entry by SMS immediately after their entry has been received by the Promoter. The free reply SMS will confirm their entry has been successfully received and advise that their entry has been entered into the applicable draws. By entering this promotion, Entrants who enter via SMS consent to receiving this electronic message.
- Online entries: Costs associated with accessing the Promotional Website or the Mobile Site remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary depending on the the Entrant’s usage plan, mobile carrier or Internet service provider.
- If an Entrant uses WAP and mobile Internet to participate in the promotion: Entrants must be identified as having a clear relationship with the end mobile device and have the bill payer’s consent to use WAP or mobile Internet to participate in the promotion or their entry will be deemed invalid. Accessing mobile content including web-based content may incur data charges. Entrants will need to refer to the terms of their carrier contracts for details and costs as costs vary from plan to plan. The charges for all data services will appear on each Entrant's next mobile phone bill and/or Internet bill (as applicable). All general queries relating to carrier rates or mobile or Internet bills should be directed to the Entrants' mobile phone carrier or Internet Service Provider (as applicable).
- There are up to one hundred and ninety seven (197) Minor Prizes to be won in total, with one (1) Minor Prize to be won at each participating Branch. Each Minor Prize is a Shimano Fishing Kit valued at $184.95 which consists of; a Shimano Hyperloop 2500FB Reel with line (HL2500FBL) valued at $49.99, a Shimano Aqua Tip 682 Spin Rod (AQT682SPIN) valued at $59.99, a Shimano Squidgy Estuary Pack including DVD (SQXM-ESTUARY) valued at $29.99, a Shimano Team Gear Bag (GEARBAG) valued at $29.99 and a Shimano Cap valued at $14.99.
- Each Minor Prize is subject to the product warranty issued by Shimano Australia Fishing Pty Limited as per the product packaging. Shimano fully guarantees this quality product to be free from material and manufacturing defects for a period of 10 years from date of collection of the prize. Shimano will, at its discretion, repair or replace at no charge, unsatisfactory products which are returned to Shimano Fishing Australia P/L. Damage caused by misuse or abuse is not covered by this warranty.
- The first eligible entry randomly drawn from all valid entries received during the Promotional Period will win one (1) trip for the Major Prize winner and three (3) companions (who must be aged 18 years or over) to a choice of one (1) of the following three (3) locations: Northern Territory, Australia; Adelaide, Australia or Los Angeles, United States of America as set out in condition 21.
- The Major Prize is valued at up to $22,500 RRP, depending on the Major Prize winner’s point of departure and depending on the Major Prize winner’s choice of destination, and includes the following:
- Northern Territory: Return economy airfares (including airfare taxes) for the Major Prize winner and their three (3) companions from the Major Prize winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Darwin (flights are not included if the Major Prize winner is a NT resident and in which case the Major Prize winner and their three (3) companions are responsible for making their own way to and from the accommodation), two (2) nights (twin share) in four (4) star accommodation at Hilton Darwin (or similar, as determined by the Promoter) including breakfast daily, half day jumping Crocodile cruise for four (4) people, return economy airfares (including airfare taxes) for the Major Prize winner and their three (3) companions from Darwin to Melville Island, two (2) nights’ accommodation at Melville Lodge (or similar, as determined by the Promoter) including all meals (breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner) and a two (2) day fishing adventure at Melville Island including Melville Island entry for four (4) people, Northern Territory Fishing Permits for the period of travel on Melville Island for four (4) people, fully qualified fishing guide, use of fishing tackle, unlimited non-alcoholic beverages and $1,500 AUD spending money for the winner only.
- Los Angeles: Return economy airfares (including airfare taxes) for the Major Prize winner and their three (3) companions from the Major Prize winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Los Angeles USA, five (5) nights (twin share) in four (4) star accommodation at Omni Los Angeles (or similar, as determined by the Promoter) including breakfast daily, six (6) days car hire with unlimited kilometers (car hire is subject to any terms and conditions specified by the car hire provider), entry for four (4) to Universal Studios Hollywood, entry for four (4) for a half day Los Angeles City Tour and Movie Stars’ Homes Tour, gourmet dinner for four (4) at Spago’s Restaurant to the value of $400.00 USD and $1,500 AUD spending money for the winner only.
- Adelaide: Return economy airfares (including airfare taxes) for the Major Prize winner and their three (3) companions from the Major Prize winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Adelaide (flights are not included if the Major Prize winner is an South Australian resident and in which case the Major Prize winner and their three (3) companions are responsible for making their own way to and from the accommodation) four (4) nights (twin share) in five (5) star accommodation at the Intercontinental Adelaide (or similar, as determined by the Promoter) including daily breakfast, return private transfers from the airport to accommodation, dinner for four (4) at Celsius Restaurant and Bar to the value of $600 AUD, entry for four (4) to the Clipsal 500 Pit Pavilion Club Package which consists of; entry for four (4) to the circuit, access to the V8 Coates Hire Corporate Box, morning tea, afternoon tea and buffet style lunch, six (6) hour beverage package consisting of premium beer and wine. If the Major Prize winner is a NSW resident, there will be a maximum of 20L of alcohol awarded to the Major Prize winner and their three (3) companions while present at the V8 Coates Hire Corporate Box.
- All travel is subject to availability at all times and may be dependent on select seat class with airlines or specific room category availability with accommodation partner. All bookings must be made at a minimum of forty five (45) days in advance of requested departure date and redeemed within twelve (12) months of the Major Prize draw. Unless otherwise specified by the Promoter, the Major Prize cannot be taken during specified event/peak/public holiday periods or any other exclusion periods as specified by the Promoter and or the prize supplier/s. All bookings and documentation regarding the Major Prize must be made via Free-2-Travel Holidays Pty Ltd or their agent(s). Redeeming the Major Prize is conditional on acceptance of the terms and conditions of travel as detailed by Free-2-Travel Holidays Pty Ltd and the airline carriers in accordance with normal travel practices. No portion of the Major Prize is redeemable for cash (unless where cash is specified). The Major Prize is not refundable, exchangeable or transferable. The Major Prize winner and their companions are responsible for any amendment fees issued by airlines or prize supplier(s) once booking is confirmed and ticketed. The Major Prize winners and their companions must have valid travel insurance for their period of travel, at their own cost. All other costs associated with the Major Prize, including but not limited to any additional transfer costs, additional meals, additional taxes, insurance and other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the Major Prize winner and his/her companions, as incurred. The Major Prize winner and their companions must depart and return at the same time. The Major Prize is subject to any additional terms and conditions specified by the prize supplier(s).
- The winner of the Major Prize and their companions are responsible for ensuring that they satisfy all requirements for the destination origin, including possession in a valid passport and visa as necessary.
- Entrants (and their companions) acknowledge that there are inherent risks in some aspects of the Major Prize and that taking the Major Prize involves participating in dangerous activities. By entering this competition and/or accepting the Major Prize, entrants and their companions accept that risk.
- In order to participate in the activities awarded as part of the Major Prize, the Major Prize winner and their companions must be aged 18 or over and comply with applicable height, weight, health, fitness and any other requirements normally associated with a particular activity. It is the Major Prize winner’s responsibility to ensure that they and their companions are sufficiently healthy and fit so as to safely take the trip and undertake the activities awarded as part of the Major Prize. The Promoter reserves the right to deem that the Major Prize winner and their companions are not sufficiently healthy or fit. The Major Prize winner must comply with all requirements and directions of the people responsible for the conduct of the relevant activity and must ensure that their companions also comply.
- In the event that the value of a dinner offered as part of the Major Prize is less than the relevant amount specified by the Promoter, the balance will be forfeited and no cash will be supplied in lieu. Any costs incurred over the relevant specified amount for the dinner are not the responsibility of the Promoter and must be borne by the Major Prize winner and their companions, as incurred.
- Total maximum minor prize pool value in this promotion is up to $36,435.15. Total maximum major prize value in this promotion is up to $22,500. Total prize pool value in this promotion is up to $58,935.15.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where this promotion involves, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants will follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and (except where cash is specified) cannot be redeemed for cash. If for any reason a winner does not take an element of a prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Unless otherwise stated in these Conditions of Entry (and subject to Clause 31), if a prize or any element of a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize or element of that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory if required.
- If an event awarded as part of the chosen Major Prize is abandoned, called off or postponed for any reason, the Major Prize winner and their companions forfeit their entitlement to attend the relevant event or partake in the activity, and no cash or alternative tickets will be substituted for that component of the Major Prize.
- The Promoter may conduct such further draw or draws at the same time and place as the original draws as is necessary on 04/03/2014 in order to distribute any prizes (if any) unclaimed by that date, subject to any written directions given under applicable State or Territory legislation. In the event of any winner or winners in the unclaimed prize draw(s), the winner(s) will be notified in writing and the name and locality of the winner(s) will be published in The Australian newspaper on 18/03/2014. All reasonable steps to notify winners (if any) of the results of the promotion will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Entrant’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter and claim a prize, that the Entrant obtain the bill payer’s consent to enter by SMS before submitting their entry (if applicable), that the Entrant has a clear relationship with the end mobile device used to enter via SMS (if applicable) and any information submitted by the Entrant in entering the promotion, before issuing a prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction then all the entries of that Entrant will be ineligible and deemed invalid.
- It is a condition of accepting the Major Prize that the Major Prize winner and their companions may be required to sign a legal release or releases in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. If the Major Prize winner or any of their nominated companions do not sign the form provided by the Promoter within the time requested by the Promoter, the Major Prize winner’s entry will be deemed invalid.
- As a condition of accepting or participating in any prize, the Major Prize winner’s companions accept these conditions.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage, loss or delay in transit to prizes or be liable for any damage that occurs to the Minor Prizes whilst displayed at the Branch.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for: (a) tampering with the entry process; (b) submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) if the Entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. A prize will only be awarded following any winner and/or hire schedule number validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded.
- The Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Major Prize or otherwise cease to provide any benefit of the Major Prize to the Major Prize winner (and their companions, if applicable) if the Major Prize winner (or their companions, if applicable), in the opinion of the Promoter, is under the influence of alcohol or any other drug, behaves aggressively or offensively, or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this promotion, is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
- Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the SMS application, the Promotional Website or the information on the Promotional Website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
- If this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or, if necessary, to provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as an original prize or prizes, subject to any written directions made under applicable state or territory legislation.
- The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies excludes all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize and/or any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of the use of the prizes. Applicable manufacturers and/or distributors should be contacted in regards to any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of the use of the prizes.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, an Entrant consents to, in the event they are a winner, the Promoter using the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The Entrant agrees that, in the event they are a winner, the Entrant will participate in all promoted activities in relation to the promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
- If an Entrant participates in the promotion and also chooses to ‘opt-in’ either on the online entry form (for online or QR Code entries),or by SMSing “Y” to 197 77 969 (maximum cost $0.55) as prompted by the free reply SMS received by the Entrant (for SMS entries) the Entrant acknowledges that a further primary purpose for collection of the Entrant’s personal information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact the Entrant in the future with information on special offers or provide the Entrant with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. The Promoter may share information with its Australian related companies or promotional partners who may contact the Entrant with special offers in this way. By entering the promotion and opting-in, an Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter may use the Entrant’s personal information in the manner set out in this condition.
- Promoter: Coates Hire Operations Pty Limited (ABN 99 074 126 971) of 241 O’Riordan Street, Mascot NSW 2020. Telephone: (02) 9701 3300.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/13/06170, ACT Permit No. TP 13/02740, SA Permit No. T13/1419, VIC Permit No. 13/1853.