Although there are no formal entry requirements for this course, Coates Hire training Services highly recommends participants provide evidence of attainment of CPCCOHS1001A Work Safety in the Construction Industry.
Candidates must, along with their supervisor, complete the Supporting Evidence document for controlling traffic.
Recertifying candidates will be required to supply copies of 2 or more certified TGS/TCPs with accompanying Road Occupancy Licence (ROL) or Permits for sites they have attended prior to attending the course.
Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required to the level of completing workplace forms.
A Statement of Attainment for the following units, which comprise RIISS00041 Work Zone Traffic Control—Implement Traffic Control Guidance Plan Skill Set:
Successful participants are eligible for a Traffic Controller card issued by NSW RMS.
- Know the basic function of the TGS/TCP system
- Understand and make changes to TGS/TCP to suit the specific road environment in accordance with risk assessment
- Use the site/location assessment, distinguish topographical landmarks and carry out authorised risk control
- Identify, select, install and remove signs and traffic control devices in line with TGS/TCP
- Understand speed, environment, type and class of vehicles, traffic density, sight lines, environmental conditions, weather patterns and surface type
- Maintain traffic incident reports and daily diary
- Implement a temporary TGS/TCP for emergency and/or unplanned works or in line with pre-approved generic plans or diagrams
- Adapt to WHS and operational requirements
- Problem solving activities
- Problem solving questions—written
- Group participation
- Work type activities
- Observation of practical skills