Refresh your skills excavating and supporting trenches in a safe manner that meets WHS regulations.
Ability to read and correctly interpret complex signage; speak clearly and unambiguously in English; and to explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues. Writing is required to the level of completing workplace forms.
Must be at least 16 years of age
Statement of Attainment issued by Coates Hire for the following units of competency
- RIICCM201D Install trench support
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- Trainee card
This course reassesses competence in the units listed under outcome. This course meets the requirements of State/Territory WHS Regulators and National Standard AS 4774-1.
- Compliance documentation
- Equipment selection
- Environmental protection
- Preparation, installation and removal procedures
- Risk assessment and management
- Problem solving activities
- Problem solving questions (written)
- Short answer questions (written)
- Group participation
- Work “type” activities
- Observation of practical skills
- Recognition of prior learning (if applicable)
Related Equipment Hire