This fast track course requires participants to provide evidence of attainment of CPCCOHS1001A Work Safety in the Construction Industry and current RMS Traffic Controller Blue Card and Yellow Card.
Candidates must complete the supplied workbook and Support Evidence document prior to commencement of the course. Candidates must also supply copies of 2 or more certified TGS/TCPs with accompanying Road Occupancy Licence (ROL) or Permits for sites they have attended.
Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required to the level of completing workplace forms.
A Statement of Attainment for the following units, which comprise RIISS00044 Work Zone Traffic Control—Traffic Controller Skill Set and RIISS00041 Implement Traffic Control Guidance Plan Skill Set:
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and work procedures
- RIIWHS205D Control traffic with a stop/slow bat
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan
Successful participants are eligible for a Traffic Controller card issued by NSW RMS.
- Know the basic function of the TBS/TCP system
- Understand and make changes to TGS/TCP to suit the specific road environment in accordance with risk assessment
- Stop/direct road users and understand stopping sight distances, using a stop/slow bat
- Maintain traffic incidents reports and a daily diary
- Assess and respond to changes in the environment, such as traffic volumes, weather conditions, road conditions, WHS and operational requirements
- Carry out risk assessment for personal safety
- Participate in traffic control toolbox talks
- Use communication methods and devices
- Conform to traffic control policies and procedures
- Implement a temporary TGS/TCP for emergency and/or unplanned works or in line with pre-approved generic plans or diagrams
- Problem solving activities
- Problem solving questions—written
- Group participation
- Work type activities
- Observation of practical skills