Although there are no formal entry requirements for this course, Coates Hire training Services highly recommends participants provide evidence of attainment of CPCCOHS1001A Work Safety in the Construction Industry.
Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required to the level of completing workplace forms.
A Statement of Attainment for the following units, which comprise RIISS00044 Work Zone Traffic Control—Traffic Controller Skill Set:
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and work procedures
- RIIWHS205D Control Traffic with a stop/slow bat
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
Successful participants are eligible for a Traffic Controller card issued by NSW RMS.
- Stop/direct road users and understand stopping sight distances, using a stop/slow bat
- Maintain traffic incidents reports and a daily diary
- Understand the Traffic Control Plans for the site
- Assess and respond to changes in the environment, such as traffic volumes, weather conditions, road conditions, WHS and operational requirements
- Carry out risk assessment for personal safety
- Participate in traffic control toolbox talks
- Use communication methods and devices
- Conform to traffic control policies and procedures
- Problem solving activitiesProblem solving questions—written
- Short answer questions—written
- Group participation
- Work type activities
- Observation of practical skills