For those working in Sydney Water owned or operated confined spaces (enclosed or partially enclosed) for the purpose of carrying out work or inspections and is also appropriate for those performing sentry or stand-by person roles, at worksites. It meets the requirements of Sydney Water. This course does not include Breathing Apparatus training.
What will be covered
This course covers WHS policies and procedures, entering and working in confined spaces, local risk management and operating breathing apparatus in resources and infrastructure industries. This course meets the requirements of State/Territory WHS Regulators and Australian Standard AS 2865-2009.
- Plan and prepare for entering and working in confined spaces
- Enter and work in the confined space
- Exit confined space
- Clean up
- Identify hazards
- Assess risk and identify unacceptable risk
- Identify, assess and implement risk treatments
- Conduct checks on breathing apparatus
- Complete records and reports
- Conclude operations