For managers, supervisors, engineers and those who are required to supervise confined space works, and issue permits in the work environment but are not required to enter or be a stand-by person.
Confined space supervisor training will also give you a good understanding of the legislation and risks involved.
What will be covered
This course covers WHS policies and procedures, entering and working in confined spaces, local risk management and infrastructure industries. This course meets the requirements of State/Territory WHS Regulators and Australian Standard AS 2865-2009.
- Legislative and regulatory requirements when undertaking confined space work
- Risk analysis and hazard mitigation strategies
- Prepare safe work operating procedures and checklists
- Prepare work permit
- Identify atmospheric contaminant procedures and the effects on the body
- Communication systems and practice
- Emergency rescue procedures