What will be covered
This course is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work and in its current form meets State and Territory licensing requirements.
The course covers:
- Compliance with WH&S licensing legislation.
- Communicate and work safely with others in the work area
- Identify hazards associated with the operation of the forklift truck and put in place effective hazard controls for those hazards identified
- Conduct pre-start up, operational, moving loads and shut down and secure checks of the forklift truck according to procedures
- Operate the forklift truck and move loads safely, including driving and manoeuvring, picking up and placing of loads at various stack heights
- Drive forklift truck with load in forward and reverse, maintaining visibility