Preparations for the 2019 Coates Hire Newcastle 500 event started long before the first rev of an engine. On October 14 – five weeks out from the first race – our work on site began.
In addition to temporary fencing for the 2.6km circuit, during this time Coates Hire delivered a huge range of event infrastructure, including:
To support the planning and delivery of the event, we provided the following onsite support services:
- On site management for all scheduling and equipment arrival
- Compiling and uploading all required safety documentation
- Refuelling of equipment as well as a stationary fuel tank for the customer’s refuel equipment
- Night time servicing of all toilets and waste tanks, managed by a supervisor
- Landing all sheds and toilet blocks on site, and ensuring they were levelled, with building code compliant steps, ramps and landings fitted
- Plumbing services for connecting toilet blocks to waste tanks or straight to sewer points
- On site crew for the duration of the build to set up and dismantle all fencing and crowd control barriers.
Work was successfully completed on December 12th
“By achieving an efficient, finely tuned build schedule we were able to minimise the event’s impact on the local Newcastle community and ensure the safety of the competitors, officials and spectators throughout the event,” says Tristan.
“Coates Hire is proud to contribute to another successful Supercars event, and support Newcastle in delivering the city’s biggest sporting event of the year.”